Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Goat cheese what???

So I made up a recipe last night. Who makes up a recipe on a weeknight, right? Well. I guess I do. And you ask . . . “Why?!?” I guess there are three reasons. I (and my family) have to eat something. I hate to spend much time cooking, especially on a weeknight. And I hate to throw food away, which means I need alternative ways to empty the fridge.

So last night’s dinner was my very own Goat Cheese Mac ‘n’ Cheese. To make, heat a T of melted butter with 2 1/2 T flour and whisk for a minute. Add 1 ½ cups of milk and bring almost to a boil, whisking often. Add a few seasonings, like salt, pepper, a teaspoon of dry mustard, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Whisk in about 2 oz of leftover goat cheese and about ½ cup of shredded cheddar. Once the cheese melts and the sauce thickens slightly, pour over plain leftover pasta and serve.

Total time = 15 minutes, maybe less.

So how much time did you spend making, ordering, or waiting in line for dinner last night? I’m always amazed how quickly a homemade meal can be thrown together. Of course, that’s not always the case, but it worked this time.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP