Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oldies But Goodies

I love movies. And I especially like movies set in the past - either because they are "period films" made recently or because they're old movies that were made a long time ago. (Although, I mostly gravitate to new movies that are set in the past because I love the costumes, set design, and interesting customs, culture, manner of speech, etc. Black and white movies often don't give the visuals I love.)

Recently I've seen a few really enjoyable movies that fall into this "old" category, so I thought I'd share:

Doubt - I was drawn to this for the acting, and it didn't disappoint.
12 Angry Men - This one is interesting from a legal and historical perspective. You only see white men the entire movie!
Chicago - I love the dancing and the music.

Halloween put me in the mood for a little Hitchcock review, so the next "old" movie I plan to watch is Psycho.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP