Friday, November 13, 2009

What a treat!

An unexpected thing happened this week. I had the opportunity to visit my absolute favorite pizza restaurant! Patxi's Pizza in San Francisco (also with a location in Palo Alto) is out of this world. My mouth is watering as I type this! I had planned to add Patxi's as one of my Local Greats eventually, so I was thrilled to get to re-sample it first and provide a picture to entice everyone.

If you haven't been to Patxi's, you should definitely go. Their forte is authentic deep-dish, stuffed crust, Chicago-style pizza. Although they also make thin pizzas, it's the Chicago-style crust that makes them so unique, particularly in Northern California. In you aren't familiar with this type of pizza, it has a thick crust on the bottom, most of the toppings are in the middle, there's a very thin layer of crust above that, and then it's topped off with sauce and a final sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. My favorite type is the Californian - buttery wheat crust, spinach, onions, and lots of sauce.

They take about 30 minutes to bake, so plan ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP