Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas {Un}Mentionables


I promise this is my last post about Christmas, but I just had to share this.

We made many memories this holiday season, but some of the most memorable moments involved comments made by my toddler. As she learned about the things we do to celebrate the holidays she made big efforts to participate. When I planted an amaryllis bulb, she dutifully helped it grow. When we decorated a gingerbread house, she checked daily to be sure that none of the candies had fallen off. And when there were other mishaps with the decorations, she made sure things were fixed as she thought they should be. Her intentions were innocent of course, but it sure came out in a funny way.

~~~
While decorating the tree. . .
Toddler: Mommy, here's the snowman.
Me: Oh yeah, isn't it cute?
Toddler: Yeah, but it really needs a hooker. [Editor's note: to hang on the TREE of course!]
Me: [unsure how to respond] What was that?
Toddler: Mommy, I need a hooker for the snowman!

On Christmas morning . . .
Me: OK, now your stocking is all empty.
Toddler: Yep. Now can we put the stockings on the hookers?
Me: Umm...
Toddler: [exasperated that I'm not moving more quickly] Mommy, the stockings need to be on the hookers!
~~~

And that's all I have to say about Christmas 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP