Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ooey Gooey

My hubby's birthday was last weekend, so my toddler and I set out to make him a special birthday treat. I settled on a recipe from here for a Snicker's ice cream cake.


I've never made an ice cream cake before, but I will definitely be doing this again. First of all, this recipe was truly decadent. It took less time than making a real cake. And, as an added bonus, I didn't have to use the oven at all. That makes it perfect for my toddler-assistant, and a great hot-weather dessert. (Note to self: remember this in August. Please!)

To make the cake we mixed chocolate ice cream with creamy peanut butter. Then we layered it with cookies and caramel. I added a few special touches of my own, including crushed, salted peanuts to the caramel layer and a few chocolate chips on the bottom of the pan. My toddler put her mark on the cake by arranging the cookies in her own charming way.


You'll see it's not the prettiest of desserts.


But my, was it tasty. Do you see the parts that are oozing a bit? That's the caramel layer. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP