Thursday, January 21, 2010

So Left Out


Last weekend my hubby and I watched Julie and Julia (finally, I know!). It was such a cute story and so fun to see Meryl Streep play Julia Child. But I have to admit that I felt pretty left out. All that French cooking, and there appeared to be little beyond dessert for the vegetarians. If it weren't for this hurdle I would have run right out and bought my copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking and started. . . well, mastering it! But alas, the hurdle is there.

Then today I was delighted when I saw this recipe for Mushroom Bourguignon by Smitten Kitchen posted over at Amateur Gourmet. That's right ~ mushroom! I guess there's hope for vegetarians and French cooking mingling every once in a while, even if it doesn't involve Julia Child.

Are there other amazing vegetarian recipes for French cooking that I should know about? Hmm. This might require some research.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about the movie- nothing for us non meat eaters! If you read "Backstage with Julia Child" you'll learn about her feelings on meat and meatlessness, namely that she felt like animals were made for us to put in our mouths. However, I did reserve a copy of Mastering at my library either way to see what kind of tips I can pick out of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP