Monday, March 1, 2010

Tea Time

I love tea. But I really love tea parties.


A few weeks ago I discovered that Davis has its very own Tea Room. Tea List opened last fall. Much like a café for coffee, this tea room offers an enormous range of teas of from around the world. They also offer various accoutrement, including pastries and even lunch-sized sandwiches.


A friend and I are planning a tea party to celebrate our dear friend's wedding. We looked into several options, but we settled on Tea List as the perfect setting. The owner is a lovely hostess, and we were immediately taken with the serenity and tasteful decor of her tea room. She will serve us tea sandwiches, scones, berries with Devonshire cream, and pastries. Our edibles will be accompanied by colorful flower centerpieces and pots of tea, of course. Incidentally, they also offer a children's tea party, including peanut butter and jelly tea sandwiches and lemonade.

I'm thrilled to have all of these details taken care of by an obviously skilled hostess, but I'm also unsure how I will put my own mark on the occasion. I was thinking of selecting a tea pot that we could use at the party and then the bride could take home as a gift.

What do you think of this strawberry one?
{image from here}

Or this preening teapot?


{image from here}

OK, so maybe I better not be too hasty. I'll keep looking, I promise! But there certainly are a lot of quirky tea things out there.

In the meantime, I can't wait to get back to Tea List for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP