Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sandwiched In

It's another rainy day here in Northern California. The weather gods can't make up there minds whether to give us winter rain or spring sunshine! I guess I don't mind the messy weather so much since I'm stuck inside prepping for my LAST SET OF LAW SCHOOL FINALS EVER!!! Things could certainly be worse...

As I've mentioned, I was recently inspired to explore the genre of the sandwich by all the tea sandwiches I consumed at the lovely Tea List here in Davis. I went to two lovely showers there and fell in love once again with high tea.


Today I'd like to tell you about an old favorite ~ curried egg salad. If you've never mixed curry and eggs before this may sound weird. But trust me. . . this combination is shockingly good! I should warn you that my curried egg salad is truly curried. If you're skeptical about how much curry flavor you want, you might cut this in half. Also, my inner health-nut-self refuses to go hog wild with the mayo. If you like your egg salad wetter, then by all means add more mayo.


This salad tastes best on a brown bread, like this hearty multi-grain bread. And don't you love the beautiful yellow color?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Curried Egg Salad

  • 5 eggs, hard-boiled, cooled, and peeled (I usually boil the day before)
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp brown mustard (yellow will work too)
  • 1 tsp. curry powder
  • 2 dashes of Tabasco (2 flits of the wrist should do!)
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Finely chop the hard-boiled eggs. Mix all the ingredients. Adjust the seasonings and add more mayo, as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP