Friday, May 4, 2012

Munchkin Talk


It happened.  I don't know how it happened, but it happened.  My baby is no longer a baby.  She's no longer a toddler, or even a preschooler.  She's now a full-grown little lady.



I really miss her baby years, when I spent hours cuddling and rocking her in my arms.  And I confess, I kept that going absolutely as long as I possibly could.  We would have brief, but regular, mini cuddle sessions every morning before I scooted her off to preschool and me off to school or work.

So this morning I did my best to re-create that.  Lucky for me, my munchkin is always up for a hug or a cuddle.   Here's how it went down:

Me:  Morning, sweet-girl.  What are you doing awake already?
Munchkin:  Hi Mommy.  I was just playing.
Me:  Hey, I missed putting you to bed last night.  Wanna cuddle for a minute?
Munchkin:  Sure.
Me:  Here, climb in my lap.
[She tries, she really does.  I grunt and groan, then re-position.  Still, she can't quite make it onto my lap.  My daughter was probably thinking "awk-ward," which is her new favorite word.

Munchkin:  Mommy, there's no room.  How about if I just sit next to you and lean my head on your shoulder?
Me:  OK, I guess that'll work.
[We cuddle for a minute.]

Munchkin:  The baby's really big now, Mommy, isn't she?
[What she really means is, "Your belly looks gi-normous!"]
Me:  Yep, she keeps growing.

My munchkin is so excited to meet her baby sister, who is set to arrive in August.  I am too, of course.



In the meantime, I'm trying to soak up as much time with her as I can.  Soon I'll have a big munchkin and a little munchkin to share stories about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP